Friday, June 4, 2010

Turtle Power




I feel like those who embark on the P90x journey are kind of like those baby turtles you always see on nature shows or at IMAX features. You know the ones...they have to scramble across the beach like mad in order to get to the freedom of the ocean while risking being eaten by birds and stuff. For my analogy to work however, you have to replace "birds and stuff" by "Being tired and stuff etc", and you need to change the turtles into people doing P90x.

After tonight's legs/back workout I will officially be finished the hard part of my P90x journey and have only one more recovery week left before I am 100% finished. No more gritting out sets, no more grunting out reps and no more snapping teeth off at the roots as I try to get one more corncob pullup out. In a way I'll miss it, but at the same time it's finally starting to sink in that I'm going to finish!

I apologize for abandoning this blog like I have, but I have to admit that there hasn't really been anything of note worth reporting. I'm still getting lean and still feeling better and better as I go but I didn't want to continually talk about turtles in the last few weeks, etc. I'll have a good finale post, don't worry.

2 comments:

  1. As long as you felt the journey was a worthwhile one, you have only to be glad and proud that you made it.

    Congrats from MT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Sam !!!
    Is that you in the lead, close to the water?

    ReplyDelete